A viral marketing campaign can literally blow all other forms of internet marketing out of the water if it takes off and there are many things that you can do to put the odds in your favour. I have been using viral marketing for a number of years and even though many so called internet marketing gurus will tell you it is a dead duck there is still a lot of money to be made from it!
Here are my top 10 viral marketing tips which will put you on the right track.
1. If you are not sure what viral marketing is, it is simply giving something away which is then in turn given away. This can soon result in a massive number of whatever the product is being distributed around the world. A good example would be of a YouTube video receiving millions of views from simply being passed on.
2. Try and put together a product or free offer that has that WOW factor that people will be interested in. Many people don’t like the idea of giving something away for free but you may be surprised to know that you will probably make much more money if you give it that way.
3. Lets look at an example of offering a free report. Make the report the equivalent of something that people would be happy to pay for. The fact that they have received something of value at no charge will encourage them to tell other people and therefore pass it on to their friends and acquaintances.
4. In your free report actually tell people to give it away and don’t just assume that they will. Make it easy for them and if they like what you have produced they will pass it on and talk about it in forums etc.
5. Another one of the top 10 viral marketing tips is to brand the report. Give details of your business with a call to action to contact you. Obviously include all of your contact details.
6. Include affiliate links in the report. Choose one or two affiliate programmes and place hyper links within the report. As long as the affiliate programmes are related to the theme of the report you will be surprised how many people will click through and make a purchase. This can certainly add up to a substantial amount, especially if the report really does go viral.
7. Some marketers ask for an opt in before the report can be downloaded and read. There are obviously fors and againsts for this. It is always a good idea to collect email address and market to these people at a later date but many people will not want to jump through this loop and it just turns into another obstacle.
8. One option is to have a link in the report to receive further information and the reader will have to leave their email address on a opt in page to receive that further information.
9. Even though the report has been given away at no charge treat any questions and customer support which arises from it as if it was for a paid product.
10. If people see that you will go over the top for something that is free they will most definitely be interested in any other products that you are offering.
Thanks for reading all about how I make money blogging and hopefully you will be able to do the same. Internet marketing is a fantastic way to make money online – whether you are newbie or an advanced marketer.
To your online success